[Epic] off topic: Why so ticked?

From: Larry \ <liquid_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 07:24:35 -0700

I finally reached the point of disgust. I know many of you frequent
rec.games.miniatures.warhammer so maybe you can shed some light on this for
me. Why are they so damn negative. It seems 2 out of every three posts is
some rant or quip about how GW sucks or is gouging them. Pardon the
language, please. I have finally "unsubscribed" from the newsgroup out of
sheer disbelief. As an example, their constant bashing of most every game GW
has. Why? I am hoping someone on this list can please describe to me what I
missed in the past few years that has got all those people so ticked off all
the time at a game they could quite easilly quit playing or paying for. I
don't mean some harsh "GW sucks" response. Just a simple, calm, rational,
and by all means factual response. Also an example of why E40K is so big on
their hit-list would be greatly appreciated. Is it that bad? The rules are
simple, the minis aren't that expensive compared to the cost of upkeep that
other hobbies have, and gee, the sheer concept of it is actually
intersesting. Potentially thousands (more often only hundreds) of tiny minis
in your control wage war with an opponent. Just the thought of it is
amazing. I have not had exposure to Space Marine (it was just coming out
when I first tried, and failed thanks to a theif, getting into GW games 7 or
8 years ago) or Titan Legions. Please enlighten me. Please bear in mind that
I am not a kid. I am an adult with kids of my own and chose to play Epic
40,000 as a nice, relaxing change of pace from work and as something that
maybe someday I can play in one form or another with my son. So please feel
free be honest.

Thank you,
Liquid