Re: [Epic] painting epic scale!

From: Martin Hasko <martin.hasko_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 14:22:42 +0100

Alex Lau wrote:

> My basic problem is how do you paint epic scale figures, I'm new to epic
> but I have managed to do okay with painting the tanks but when I got to
> the space marines, I was kinda worried that I'd screw up the details.
>
> Would anyone have some tips as to painting the figures?
>
> One more point, I thought that space marine bike squads had to be arranged
> in 3's, but each box comes with 4 bikes only! does that mean I have to
> buy more boxes in order to make full squads?
>
> alaub_at_...
>
> P.S. I see stuff on WD217, is this b/c there's a delay between the UK and
> Canadian versions?

  About painting the space marines. The important thing isnt the individual
stands in the case of space marines. Just give them som over-all color, like
blue in the case of Ultramarines etc.
Then give the weapons another color, like perhaps boltgun metal. And perhaps
the shoulderpads so that you can distinguish differnt squads. The important
thing with space marines, and all minis is that they look good when together
in the game. No one looks at an individual stand, but takes the impression of
the entire sqaud/detachment !
So i usually dont care about one stand as long as they all look good when i
field them in group.
I dont play space marines, they are by far a too filthy race and not worth the
presence of an eldar farseer, but theese are my words....brought to you by
faith. ;)

Ki'enatan, farseer