Re: [Epic] painting epic scale!

From: Craig Lytton <polecat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 23:24:49 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Lau <alaub_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Sunday, December 28, 1997 5:13 PM
Subject: [Epic] painting epic scale!

>My basic problem is how do you paint epic scale figures, I'm new to epic
>but I have managed to do okay with painting the tanks but when I got to
>the space marines, I was kinda worried that I'd screw up the details.
>
>Would anyone have some tips as to painting the figures?

I prime mine black while on the sprue, then apply the main color, then a
wash.
Then paint boltguns boltgun metal. I've named my Chapter "the Hellhounds"
and
they are reddish brown, so my main color is Snakebite leather, then a
Chestnut Wash
and Red Wash.

>One more point, I thought that space marine bike squads had to be arranged
>in 3's, but each box comes with 4 bikes only! does that mean I have to
>buy more boxes in order to make full squads?

Yes unfortunately. 3 boxes=4 even bike squads, or E40k boxed set + 1 box =
4 bike squads.

-craig