Re: [Epic] IG and Planetary Assault Landings

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:55:50 -0800

What about in a situation where you have a major invasion like Tyrannid
Hive fleet or some unforeseen circumstance that's stretching local
Imperium resources? The codex alludes to offensive operations. After
all, there is only a limited number of Marine Chapter sgiven the
millions of worlds in the Imperium.

I guess the proper way to phrase my question is, does the Imperial Guard
have any, for lack of better term, "air mobile" capability somewhere in
it's standard TOE? I'm writing a story and an Imperial Guard Regiment
(well actually it's a new military force currently undergoing assessment
for admittance into the Imperial Guard) finds itself being diverted from
a normal counter insurgency operation on one planet by an unforseen and
highly important operation on another planet which involves a hostile
landing. Given the time sensitive nature of the operation, (days count)
and given their close proximity to the situation, they'll be the first
ones on the scene. I just don't want to have them go down to the planet
on Thunderhawks if this is normally not an item allowed in an IG
M/TOE.Thanks for the input.

Los