Re: [Epic] A few questions... The sequel

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:53:50 +0000

Carl Billen <billenc_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:

>h) Can a _unit_ split its FP between different detachments ? A Leman Russ
>has 3 FP; a BattleFortress 8 FP; a Land Raider has two weapons and can fire
>at two different targets. Of course, you would have to maneuver the units
>in order to be able to fire at 3 or more different detachments....
Don't quite understand this... once you total up the firepower, etc. of
a detachment, it can split it between as many targets as it wants. If
you mean 1 Leman Russ or 1 Battle Fortress, then yes.

>i) What happens to infantry units when they double their move in the
>assault phase in order to charge into close combat, but they just can't
>reach their target ? Are they moved back to the distance as if they only
>move at their normal speed ?
Yes. They're only allowed to move at double speed if they get into
combat.

>j) According to p.22, units form _another_ detachment may not add supporting
>fire to CC/FF. Does this mean that single unit War Engines are on their own
>? I always wanted to put some infantry near the Imperial SuperHeavy Tanks,
>but apparently it wont help a bit... According to p.26 they are allowed to
>support the tanks if they are involved in the assault. But you need a
>considerable amount of infantry to prevent anyone from charging your WE,
>without being decimated by Barrage fire...
War Engines are allowed to add half their current / starting damage
capacity (I'm not sure which) to any firefights within 15cm. However, if
two WE's are in one detacment and are firefighted, if they are within
15cm of enemy, they may both add their total firepower.

>k) The Assault and FP values of a detachment are _not_ modified by BMs. Is
>this correct ? If 4 orks (4 FP) are in a FF with 4 Leman Russes (12 FP),
>but the tanks have 6 BMs, the Orks gain a +2 bonus while the tanks gain a +4
>bonus, even when they are suppressed...
It is correct. However, you still give bonuses for more / more than 5
BM's.

>l) Retreat moves are up to 20cm, regardless of the units actual move. I
>figured that retreating meant something like "Get out of here ! Run away
>!", but faster moving units (like jetbikes/bikes/land speeders) would
>obviously "run away" much faster. Why isn't this possible ?
Who knows? Act of God. Maybe they trip up if they run any faster.

>m) Most Close Combat weapons have a FP of 4 and a range of 30cm. Heavy
>weapon batteries have a FP of 8 or more. Does a single BM cancel out the
>weapon, as it is a SHW, or does it only cancel out a single FP ?
Just 1FP.

>n) Does a FP-based SHW (see m)), count as 1 BM for placing BMs, or is its FP
>used ?
It's FP is used.

>o) Mega cannons place an extra BM on the target per Mega cannon attack. Is
>'attack' a succesful hit, or do you get an extra BM per Mega cannon barrage
>template placed upon the target ?

You place an extra BM per template. Example: Warlord with 4 Mega-Cannons
fires at one det. 1FP from the SHW's +4 from templates.

--
     Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister        _   ^   _
      "Mr Worf, scan that ship!"         \  |  /