Re: [Epic] Close Assault

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 15:49:59 -0000

>You may be interested in knowing that only "a maximum of two units can
>gang-up on each enemy unit." From page 22 of the rules book. That should
>help limit the amount of abuse the Elder recieve from the bugs.

May main point of concern was me doing it to him! I can take whatever he
dishes out, and anything that makes Tyranids awesome in close combat is all
for the better.

What I do not like is for me to take a cheap unit of Hawks and Spiders with
Exarchs and Warlocks, all loaded in Wave Serpents, racing out and in Turn 2
engaging a massive Tyranid formation.

I will automatically double up on his closest units (such as Termagants and
Hormagaunts, but even if these are Stealers, I will still have the
advantage). I am likely to win the combat and on the strength of me giving
these 2 or 3 units a whooping, the whole Tyranid formation moves backwards,
stalling his advance. A brilliant tactic, but it just does not seem very
realistic.