Re: [Epic] Close Assault

From: <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 13:16:27 +0000

> >You may be interested in knowing that only "a maximum of two units can
> >gang-up on each enemy unit." From page 22 of the rules book. That should
> >help limit the amount of abuse the Elder recieve from the bugs.
> >

> May main point of concern was me doing it to him! I can take whatever he
> dishes out, and anything that makes Tyranids awesome in close combat is all
> for the better.
>
> What I do not like is for me to take a cheap unit of Hawks and Spiders with
> Exarchs and Warlocks, all loaded in Wave Serpents, racing out and in Turn 2
> engaging a massive Tyranid formation.
>
> I will automatically double up on his closest units (such as Termagants and
> Hormagaunts, but even if these are Stealers, I will still have the
> advantage). I am likely to win the combat and on the strength of me giving
> these 2 or 3 units a whooping, the whole Tyranid formation moves backwards,
> stalling his advance. A brilliant tactic, but it just does not seem very
> realistic.

CC and firefighting in general do not seem very realistic. Actually,
the above tactic is your only hope against the bugs, they'll run you
over otherwise. I always had a lots of problems with Tyranids,
although they are better than the Imperium. It's not much of a tactic
though, unless you win initive. Otherwise the bugs can recover and
whomp you in CC, as they don't have to worry about the blast
markers.(well, no moral checks).