Re: [Epic] Close Assault

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 16:18:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Andrew Nguyen wrote:

> At 07:57 PM 12/31/97 +1300, Sean Smith wrote:
> >Fate cards help reduce some of the randomness of close combat, by giving you
> >the reroll.
>
> I think that a more reliable way to do close combat is to average the
> sum of two dice rolls. This system still preserves a little of the
> "randomness" while giving the players a little less of the "hand of
> fate" feeling.
>
> -Donald "My god, the sun's up!" Nguyen

I've suggested several times that "average" dice be used. These are dice
with the "1" and "6" pips replaced with a second "2" and "5". This would
result in much more reasonable close combat results. I've been spanked
too many times in cc by having overwhelming odds, and getting a 1 vs my
opponents 6.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune