Re: [Epic] Close Assault

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 02:32:56 -0000

>But he's on Assault orders, right? That means, even if he's been beaten,
>he can assault you right back, this time ganging up on your units, and
>resulting in the kind of battle the Eldar cannot hope to win.

True, but that means I have only lost a small detachment and he has
effectively not moved during the assault phase. I am happy to have him do
this with a tiny little detachment whilst pounding him from my rear lines
than have him ploughing full speed towards my delicate (and expensive)
Falcons, etc. . . Small Jet-Bike units can perform a similar task. The key
to defeating Tyranids is stall, stall, stall. I am going to take casualties
anyway so I would rather they were ones I dictated and had little use for.