Re: [Epic] Question on Super Heavy Tanks and Damage tables

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 01:03:42 +0000

John <asylum69_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
>Hi all,
>
>I am pretty new to the game and last night was the first time my friends and i
>used super heavy tanks. And we all have different theories on how to use the
>critical and catastrophic damage table. This is my theory:
>
>Lets say i was using the Eldar Scorpion Super Heavy Tank which has an armor of
>5+ and a damage capacity of 4.
>
>My enemy rolls a 5 which hits my tank, so then he goes on to the critical
>damage
>table and rolls 2D6.
Isn't it only Eldar Titans that take auto crits?
>Say he rolls a 4 which is a +1 point to damage. Does that
>mean i take off 1 point of damage from my tanks damage capacity or is it you
>get
>a point for hitting the tank in the first place and you add the +1 point of
>damage to it, which would come out to taking 2 points of damge capacity off my
>tank and make my damage capacity total out to 2?? And of course when my tank
>gets to Damage capacity 0, BOOOOMM no more tank.
Correct.
>another question is if you roll any number from 7-12 from the 2D6 on the
>critical damage table, you would have to roll a 1D6 from the Critical damage
>table, lets say my enemy rolls a 4-5 that would mean my tank is destroyed.
>Right??
Sorry? If the tank takes enough damage to be destroyed, roll on the
Catastrophic Damage Table with 1d6. The tank is automatically killed,
but if you roll 'Destroyed' rather than 'Wrecked', your opponent gets
additional morale. The differenct levels do different amounts of damage
to surrounding troops, too. Damage which renders the War Engine
inoperable could be the power plant being blown off and the tank hitting
the ground, or a rupture of the space/time continuum, killing all within
miles.

--
     Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister        _   ^   _
      "Mr Worf, scan that ship!"         \  |  /