Re: [Epic] Holofields

From: Larry Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 12:41:43 -0500

>Larry Irish wrote:
>> So, you could argue that the Holofield is different from the Save special
>> ability, in that it prevents BM's, but I'd think you to be a loony. If HF's
>> act at all like a Save, then they clearly don't prevent BM's.
>
>1) I am a Looney and I don't think holofields prevents BM
:)

>2) In all of the Epic 40K stuff there is a more or less tight useage of
>the word
>"hits" and the placing of blast markers is NOT part of it. You place BM's
>before
>you figure out how many, if any, dice you get to find out if you get hits
>or not.

Yeah - the only point of contention was what happens when a titan is hit
with 1 - 7 FP;
then the placing of BM's is contingent on the result of the hit. But the
bit in the description of the Save special ability -

"...Blast markers are still placed on units which make their save."

pretty well invalidates that point.

Time for a new thread? :)

Larry