Re: [Epic] Rhinos

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 13:11:50 +0000

"Larry \"Liquid\" Plummer" <liquid_at_...> came forth and spoke
thusly:
>Something has been eating at me for a couple weeks now. I had noticed while
>organizing my detachments that Rhinos have no firepower, range or assault
>value regardless of the fact that they have two bolters mounted on the roof.
>I e-mailed the Roolzboyz and asked about this and was told that in fact
>those bolters in essence are hood ornaments except when adding up tour
>supporting fire. That was enough to end that worry until I was re-reading
>WD214. They had a little side note on pg.102 about a single, lone Rhino
>shooting down 2 aircraft. Now how in the hell is that possible?
>
>Liquid

Fighta-Bommerz only have a range of 15cm, so when you come to attack
ground units with them, it's easy to be too close and therefore be snap-
fired at. If you wanted to look at it in terms of fluff rather than
mechanics, the bolters (a one in a million chance) combined with the
driver leaning out and opening up with his Bolt Pistol hit delicate bits
of machinery and destroyed them. Or the pilots got a bit too
'enthusiastic'.

--
     Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister        _   ^   _
      "Mr Worf, scan that ship!"         \  |  /