Re: [Epic] off topic:Wd leaderless?

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:53:36 -0500 (EST)

HornedRat <HornedRat_at_...> writes:
> << To cut the story short, he got pretty worked up over the whole matter. Me
> thinks this is because E40K sales has been very disappointing. And the
> feedback that these GW guys get is that E40K is too simple as compared to
> Epic. Mayhaps someone could compile the mails that just went on a few days
> ago on the list :) >>
>
> I think the big problem E40k is having, is that there really is no target
> audience for it.

<snip>

> vehicle). Many Epic veterans are horribly bitter about the fact that GW
> totally redesigned their game.

        Actually, I like the new game. Quite a few of us have little
problems with the game mechanics, and prefer them to SM/TL by quite a
bit.

        I don't like the way my miniatures have been redone, and how a
lot of the units got merged together or disappeared. If I was able to
buy the new box set, and play like I did before, then I would have
been quite happy. But no, the Tempest and Warp Hunter now make
mismatched substituted for my new Superheavies, my aspects got munged
all together (Where are my Anti-Tank fire dragons? Dire Avengers work
the same as Howling Banshees?), etc...Not to mention Aaron, who played
Squats, Knights, and all-Titan armies. They took out the first two,
and made the third one truly boring to design. The rules don't follow
the background as much any more, and the Eldar got off easy, compared
to the other armies... I think only the Tyranids changed less.

        (I also don't like the prices, but that's pretty universal
among GW games)

Mark