Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 09:41:05 +0000

> Snap Fire weapons are outrageously powerful (although with THawks out there
> it's just as well...) and the idea of any unit with a gun being able to
> snapfire on FF orders is going to change the game dynamics so radically that
> it will be a different game.

This particular point I have playtested for years and it changes the
game in the sense that movement has a risk atached instead of the safe
haven it is now. Also people who overuse snap fire will find their
advances unsupported by first fire troops and therefore cut to
pieces(this happened time and time again over my yesrs of
experience).Therefore the commander has to carefully how much snap fire
is taken as not to compromise his overall strategy.

As for Net Epic being a different game,TRUE, that was the point of
undertaking this in the first place to correct what we did not like of
the current system and create to substitute what does not work.

Also flyers and weapons capable of firing at them will be dealt with
separately.

United we stand!
Peter