RE: [Epic] On the subject of the Votex Missile...

From: Snyder, Roy B <roy.snyder_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:50:45 -0500

The final decision was made when one of us thought that the other did
not have deathstrikes. One of us cramed NINE deathstrikes into a
corner defended on the angle by nine hydras. During the setup phase
this was the first det to be placed. The other player's last det
included three deathstrikes, straight from mail order. It came down to
the movement initiative die roll. One of us got the initiative, and
did a prep bomb with the three vortexes, and ONE deathstrike wiped out
all NINE! Big Accident! Big CoverUp!!!
The next battle we played was an all tank scenario. Why? Well, the
background was, that NINE dsml's detonating at close quarters at the
same time caused a peculiar fallout. Both armies began to discover
that their infantry could not survive unless in a artificial
environment. Those that were caught off guard and that survived the
battle mysteriously vanished......

Both The Expeditionary Forces of The Peoples' Stellar Confederacy of
the DiaghBach Protectorates and Extended Elements the Dark Angels
chapter with the Saudi Astra Desert Warriors Imperial Guard Cohort;
both abruptly left the area, leaving it and declaring it inhabitable
and neutral ground.