Re: [Epic] blast markers & morale

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 15:29:51 -0500

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> As regards a limit on the morale that could be lost - so far, I haven't
> seen the problem manifested. Such a limit would be best based upon the
> cost of the unit - the morale that it adds to its army. Probably a limit
> of no more than X x Morale, so for example a 90 pt unit ( 2 morale)
> could contribute no more than 2X per turn.
> But again, with use of reserves, I've never seen the problem occur. Yes,
> I've used 12 Pulsa Rocket units to cover an overwatching unit of Land
> Raiders with BMs. Because that was the only possible way of forcing them
> out! As it was, my opponent had another 2 units (of Space Marines) in
> reserve, and it was they who took over before I could assault. The LRs
> then proceeded to retreat (march) to the rear, recover their BMs (took
> them 3 turns to get down to 5 from over 20), and then counter-attacked.

        Which is fine if you're able to remove the BMs from the
heavily-suppressed detachment. But retreating the det. in question
does you no good if you continually roll 1's to remove BMs in the
end phase (which has happened to me before - and yeah, it sucks,
probably about as much as losing a crucial CC because you rolled a
1 and your opponent rolled a 6). Erratic dice rolls will lose the
game for you very easily here.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus