Re: [Epic] Unrealistic Close Assault

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 09:34:36 -0500

> A Fate Card won't prevent the situation I described : if you attack
> detachement by engaging only one unit (for example Guardians) which is
> at more than 15cm of its whole formation, you can make the detachment
> retreat with only two units (for example two Berserkers).

A fate card may help, but good deployment will prevent the situation.
If you have a big detachment, there should never be the opportunity for
an overwhelming attack on just one unit. If you make sure that three
units are within 15cm of every other unit, the most the enemy can
reasonably get on a doubled-up assault on one unit is 3:1 or a +2
modifier which can be countered with fate cards. A denser deployment
will prevent anything over 2:1 and should generally deter such silly
assaults.

Regards,

- Erik