Re: [Epic] old metal order codes

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 19:39:54 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 7-Jan-98 [Epic] old metal order codes by Dirk
Vormann_at_...
> Does anybody have order codes for the following metal Space Marine tanks?
>
> Vindicator MK1
> Rhino
> Land Raider (old one)
>
> They cannot be younger than WD 140, so if you have old Dwarfs, please
> check the catalouge pages for them!

Um, why can't they be younger than 140? The models you're looking for
were released with/for Adeptus Titanicus, which goes back into the 11x
issues!

Anyway, you really shouldn't need order numbers to get the above models
-- I know, because I've ordered them, and I don't know what the model
numbers are. Just specify Vindicator Mk.I (*not* 2!), and the old metal
Land Raider. And the metal Rhino -- I really doubt they've redone that
mini. Note that with the re-release of the metal Vindicator, the old
one may well be unavailable now -- GW does prefer that you only buy
their newest & greatest, so to speak. But give it a shot, regardless.

As to what they look like, the Land Raider & Rhino are basically just
like the plastic model we know & love, though the sides aren't always
straight 'cause the mold for the center part is a bit worn. The
Vindicator Mk.I is a rhino -- same side pieces -- with a cylindrical gun
on the front, rather smaller than the gun on either the Mk.II or the
Mk.III IIRC.

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...