Re: [Epic] IG infantry detachments

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 13:03:00 -0800

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> Please do not become confused by the fact that US, like most other
> countries, has an over all command level (The Department of Defense)
> controlling its military forces. The US has 4 military forces, only
> one
> of which (the Navy) is lacking in Colonels.

I don't get what the point of your statement is as it relates to IG
detachments. I'm not trying to be a wiseass, just confused. Should
Colonels report to Captians (in the same branch?) as the original post
suggested? Regardless of what Capatins and Colonels are called by the
various branches of the US military, they are all grade O-6 which makes
them equal in rank.

The question is, by some weird quirk of protocol is an O-6 in the
Imperial Guard called a "Captain" in the future and an O-3 called a
"Colonel"?

Los