Re: [Epic] IG infantry detachments

From: Michael P. Lepisto <thagor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 18:13:50 -0800

At 09:18 AM 1/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Michael P. Lepisto wrote:
>

>> Actually in the US military an Army, Marine or even Air Force Colonel is
>> the same rank as a Navy (and I believe Coast Guard) Captain in terms of
>> protocol, pay, etc.
>
>Point the first: I spent 10 years active duty in the US Army. I have
>some idea about the O-ranks of the US Military.
>
>Point the 2nd:
>The US Navy does not have Colonels.

I don't think anyone implied the Navy had Colonels.

>Point the 3rd:
>The US Military has 4 services, The Army (my old service), the USAF (aka
>the Zoomies) the USMC and the US Navy. Of those 4, 3 of them have
>Colonel (Army, Air Force, Marines). The Coast Guard is a paramilitary
>force belonging the the Treasure department. In time of war it is
>assigned, in toto to the US Navy. It follows the Navy's ranks

Actually the Coast Guard operates under the Dept. of Transportation, in war
time it comes under control of the Dept. of Defense, not the Dept. of the
Navy. It is a military force, not paramilitary. The Marine Corps on the
other hand is part of the Dept. of the Navy.