Re: [Epic] IG infantry detachments

From: Richard Bright <r.bright_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 16:53:25 +1300

>>Point the first: I spent 10 years active duty in the US Army. I have
>>some idea about the O-ranks of the US Military.
>>Point the 2nd:
>>The US Navy does not have Colonels.
>I don't think anyone implied the Navy had Colonels.
>>Point the 3rd:
>>The US Military has 4 services, The Army (my old service), the USAF (aka
>>the Zoomies) the USMC and the US Navy. Of those 4, 3 of them have
>>Colonel (Army, Air Force, Marines). The Coast Guard is a paramilitary
>>force belonging the the Treasure department. In time of war it is
>>assigned, in toto to the US Navy. It follows the Navy's ranks
>Actually the Coast Guard operates under the Dept. of Transportation, in war
>time it comes under control of the Dept. of Defense, not the Dept. of the
>Navy. It is a military force, not paramilitary. The Marine Corps on the
>other hand is part of the Dept. of the Navy.
>>I still stand my my statement, if a given Military force has both
>>Captains and Colonels, the Colonel ranks the Captain.

Oh this thread is a doosie. E40k is a game where big bugs chomp on
bio-engineering soldiers who still use fireams based on C20th technology.
It bears as much relationship to real warfare as tiddlywinks. I like this
game because it is ridiculous fun.

BUT

You guys are cluttering up this list with a pissing contest about whether
or not a colonel outranks a captain. You could just write directly to each
other. You could look up the info in Janes and just settle the argument.
You could just forget the whole thing and build a chaos or tyrannid army!
But no, you have to bore all of us to death and waste our time.
Aaaaaaaarggggggh!

Regards,
Richard
TOMCFBUOTFML
(The One Man Campaign For Better Use Of This Fucking Mailing List)

"The important lesson is that you can get what
you want and still not be very happy"
                        Pope Cerebus

Get inside the mind of Richard Bright at:
http://www.geocities.com/timessquare/alley/2405