Re: Fw: [Epic] COMMENTS PLEASE

From: Peter <peter_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:43:20 -0500 (EST)

>> Few faults with your (no offence) suggestions
>>

>Sorry Peter, I am not intending to pick on you in any way but I don't see
>these as "Faults" with my suggestions, but rather "Faults" with your email.

What I meant by "faults" was that there are some flaws
(you know some good ideas some bad ideas)

>> 1. Can't get through to the 40k list since I'm subscribed to the
>digest
>> mode
>This is my fault ?? Change your subscription mode.

Stop saying that! And I don't know how to change

>> 2. I'm scared about doing the normal mode since it'll double the
>e-mails
>> I allready get (about 100+ after)
>
>And I don't want my email (already around 200+ a day from several lists)
>increased any more with off topic subjects that have there own list. If I
>wanted to pay to download 40K info, I would subscribe to 40K list.
>
>> 3. I could do it as a group thread (you know were you type in
>several
>> addresses on the sending e-mail) but I'm not shure if it'll work.
>> (for example Sauronl sent me a private email and I tried to reply
>but
>> was welcomed the next day with an email that said
>> "unable to reach address")
>

>Should be quite easy to do. Tell us what email program you are using and I'm
>sure someone will give you a helping hand.

Eudora

>> 4. yes it is 40k oriented but hey the 40k list is full of off
>topics that don't even say [off topic]
>>
>But hey, two wrongs don't make it right. I (and others I have spoken/written
>with) would like to see this list stay ON TOPIC. It might be a novel idea
>for a mailing list to stick to its topic <G>
>
>Like I say, I'm not trying to pick at you Peter, I just want to see the
>Epic/Space Marine list stay Epic/Spacemarine. Its bad enough GW trying to
>turn it into 40K without evryone else doing it. There are already plenty of
>forums for the more widespread 40Kwithout it taking over our list.
>Cheers
>Alun

        Sort of makes me wonder were you were when the threads on Codexs,
Necrons, WD and GW prices were going on.

        Signed
        Peter the Shadow Inquisitor

        P.S. What do you mean pay???