Re: [Epic]Jane's Fission Chips (Minis Photos)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 08:50:20 -0600

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Well, Ladies and Germs, the time has come.
>
> I've blown the budget and gotten myself a piece of apparatus rejoicing
> in the name of a "Ricoh RDC-300". It's not exactly lowmarket, but
> neither is it upmarket. It is, however, a digital camera with a
> minimum
> focal distance of 1cm. The results are... spectacular. I only got it
> this morning, so I'm still learning how to use it.
> I did make a few JPEGs though, then REDUCED them to 1/3 of their
> previosu size (and hence 1/10 of the memory).

Nice Toy. My DC-50 will not get that close. (I think. Never really
tried something that size. I normally aim it at, well, if you don't
know look at the other half of my site....)

> Here are a few. I know it's bad netiquette to post pictures, binaries
> etc, but I would like some feedback as to quality, composition etc.
> and
> thses are not large.

They look great.

> I'm also looking for a kind web host for this article. I'd like it to
> include all the fluff that's fit to print about each vehicle, plus
> apocryphal (ie non-GW) words to explain why there are 3 different
> models
> of Vindicator, 2 (now 3?) of Manticore etc.

I'll host them. Send me private e-mail and we will set something up.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus