Re: [Epic] Project Guard

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:25:08 PST

>On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, J. Michael Looney wrote:
>
>> My 1st pass at this:
>> IG Foot Infantry Detachment:
> ****
>> Command +25 pts
>> (You must take at least one officer)
>> Up to 1 Captain (1 IG stand + Hero) 12 pts)
>> Up to 3 lieutenants (1 IG stand) 7 pts
>> Any officer may include a Psyker for +10 pts
>
>Way too easy to get multiple Psykers.
>Suggest a limit of 1 Psyker / 3 Main force selections.
>
>> Main force
>> 3 squads per Lieutenant plus 1 if a Captain in the detachment (Max.
of
>> 10 squads)
>> IG Squad
>> 2 IG units 14 pts
>
>upgrades? You're thinking no transport, what about Commissars?
>
>> Support
>> 1 support element per officer (Max. of 4)
>
>Sounds about right. Masses of IG infantry. Some support.
>Strictly no combined arms, not even APCs?
>Is this what AC wanted?

I agree, I think there should be no army list distinction between the
foot inf. and mech inf. The psyker thing is not a problem, they are
quite abundant for the IG, although they are normally low level, and
they do get pricey.
The way I have organized my infantry is just like in the IG codex for
40K, Which is what I was trying to say when that whole heap o' crap
about military structure popped up. The only real difference is, the
captain can only take a squad if he is not commanding other lieutenants,
ie. have a body guard, therefore, up to 9 units may be selected. Also
because of my shortage of Chimeras, I have made them available only to
command, and made Rhinos available to the IG, and kept the commisar
ability.
Steve

COMING SOON, My NEW and IMPROVED signature file...