Re: [Epic] More Basing.

From: William J Starmer (805)683-0200 <"William>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:01:54 -0800 (PST)

> > > Because I'm now using a metallic base, I plan buying some magnetic
> > > material (the kind they make flexible fridge magnets out of) from a
> > > local paint store. I plan on lining the bottom of a tupperware
> > > container with the flexible magnets and using it as a method of safely
> > > storing and transporting my Epic minis.
> >
> > The following is a suggestion:
> >
> > Make an 3cm diameter annulus of the magnetic strip.
> > Glue it to a base.
> > Now take a 1cm diameter "spot" of magnetic strip, and glue it to the
> > bottom of your (plastic) Falcon.
> >
> > Then the Falcon just may, repeat may, float (and be stable) over the
> > base.

Just a suggestion. A friend of mine uses the magnetized bases for all his
miniatures. He has been buying rolls of the stuff from the hardware store,
which I guess is pretty pricey. Recently, he stumbled across and excellent deal
at Staples (office supply store). They were a package of one-side adhesive
magnetic strips the size of business cards. I can't remember the exact price,
but he said they were much much cheaper than getting the stuff at a hardware
store. For those of you interested in the magnetic base ideas, it might be
worth a trip to the local office store.

Hope that helps,

Bill

William Starmer