[Epic] Multiple players in a tree campaign.

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:41:48 +1030

Hiya all,

last week I posted requesting ideas for performing a multiple player tree
campaign.

Well, I think I may have figured something out. Take a look ....

Firstly, construct a campaign tree for each player ... This becomes his (or
her) campaign tree.

At the bottom of each campaign tree, instead of results, you get a score
depending on your performance.

For example, consider the following tree (B = battle, -1,0 or 1 = score)

        / \
       B B
      / \ / \
     -1 0 +1

Each player plays through his or her tree (the battles could be anything,
including the odd 3-way rumble) until all have done so. At the end of this,
add up the scores, the one with the highest score wins.

Obviously, this requires more games for an intensive campaign. If you use
the tree above then each player will get 4 games (as in the WD tree
campaign) with a total of 6 battles.

As with the WD campaign, the tree need not be balanced (or even fair) as
long as the scores at the end are fairly balanced.

Well, what does everyone think ????

Chris Pinson

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it"