Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:33:03 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 09:32 AM 2/12/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >I always thought that if you lost a CC, you were just dead and a moral test
> >is usually unnecessary in this instance...
>
> I don't think most chaos forces would be able to pass a moral test,
> certainly not Slaanesh. But if you mean a morale test, then that's different.
>
> What a funny guy!
>
> >If a platoon of six guys charges a group of six other guys and wins four
> >while losing one and is forced to "fall back" or "breaks" because they
> >"lost" a CC I'll be pretty upset...

Yadda, Yadda, Rumor Control, blah, blah, facts...

The combat resolution is computed before any units are killed. Then based
on if you win or lose and how badly this affects your roll to kill the
enemy units. If you lose badly you'll need to roll 6 to kill an enemy
while your opponent will only need 2+.

No matter how many units are lost on which side, the losing detachment
is broken and falls back (due it is assumed to the sheer fire and ferocity
of the winning troops, even if you got in a few lucky shots.)

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy