Re: [Epic] Rough Riders

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:35:45 -0500

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> The stats line for SM bikers is:
> 35 cm 15 cm 1 2 4+
> The stats for RR is (after adjustments for Cav and Assault)
> 20 cm 15 cm 1 2 4+
>
> This means that in the case of scouting units for the Imperial forces, the better
> detachment (SM Bikes) is cheaper.

        Hmmm... I was about to say something about how the RRs get
to move farther when assaulting, but their speed only gets bumped
up to a whopping 30cm, which is still slower than the bikes. Oh
well.

        The interesting thing is that even if you remove the extra
+50 points the IG det. is paying, 12 RRs are still more expensive
than 12 SM bikes (148 vs 145, assuming the calculations in your post
were correct), and they're not as good.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Army of Darkness