Re: [Epic] Hills?

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:15:40 -0500

Sauron,

Thanks for the start on this discussion. When I started playing Epic
(with Epic 40k) I was loaded with 28mm scale Warhammer terrain so I've
continued using it. The hills work fairly well as they were gently
sloped. Luckily there are the new buildings to replace my fantasy
towers and such. We still use 28mm trees but using the agri-world
'orchard' rules. This means vehicles can drive through them with no
problem (sequoia plantation?) as they are supposed to be in orderly
rows. However, everything still gets cover in woods (including
vehicles).

My hills are of the flat based variety. I have a 4'x4' felt covered
plywood board that I store in the 'wargamer's bed'. This is a bed that
my wife's father built for us as a Christmas/Birthday present (both our
birthdays are in November). It has a compartment under the mattress
that you can slide this gaming board into and out of. The board itself
fits right on top of our kitchen table and is then sprinkled with
terrain for small games.

For larger games, Scott Shupe gave me an even larger bunch of plywood
that I have attached in a 3-piece duct-tape connected 4'x6' unfolding
board. I have a felt cloth to cover this. I have not yet made or
invested in any terrain boards, though some of the stuff I've seen from
Geo-Hex has certainly been tempting.

The new buildings are available separately, by the way. I bought five
more sprues of 'em direct from GW. Granted you won't get a discount,
but they're really nice Epic buildings.

Regards,

- Erik