Re: [Epic] Dark angels and extreme boredom

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:31:12 PST

>Steve Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> It has occurred to me that the ravenwing rules are useless, why would
>> you sacrifice half your FP and movement for +1 armour? I cannot think
of
>> why you would ever use this. Instead I propose: when assaulting or
>> marching, either:
>> a) Receive +1 armour automatically
>> b) Work out dice rolled as if the unit was one column to the left on
the
>> FP table (ie when marching, use the centre column)
>>
>> It would be more in character with the jink rules in 40K
>
> It would also cost more than the proposed WD rule, since
>there is no downside. Your first suggestion would be the easiest to
>price; just run the improved bike/speeder stats through the points
>formula posted here a little while ago.

2 points for the previous ability was a little too much, the ability is
useless, it takes twice as long to get anywhere with half of you
firepower, therefore what bonus you get to your armour is lost by the
enemy shooting at you twice as often.

>> DEATHWING: For +1 points, deathwing terminators automatically pass
any
>> leadership tests they are required to make, this does not count for
>> their transport or support.
>
> That's a little strong for only 1 point more. And as I've
>mentioned in the past, the E40k representation of "immune to
>psychology & break tests", at least for non-Tyranids, is Stubborn.
>Because that's exactly what Thousand Sons and Noise Marines get in
>E40k, and both units are immune to psych in WH40k.
>
> Not every special ability a unit has in WH40k has to be
>represented in it's E40k stats.

Agreed, I was just trying to add some spice into it. We have also
thought about having them treated as veteran troops with the D6 BMs
removed in the end phase rather than D6-1. The terminators are the only
ones in the detachment who get the ability, and since you may only have
a maximum of 10, it can never be too overwhelming...

Steve