[Epic] Dark angels and extreme boredom

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:41:15 PST

Last week I was bored and I started painting imperial figures, which is
a bit silly, because now I have 13000points I can legally field, and I
am actually quite proud of what I accomplished (3 shadowsords, 3
predators, 5 whirlwinds, an IG platoon with 9 tactical stands, 3
ratlings and an ogryn, 6RR, 6Bikes 5 sentinels and the necessary
commanders, 5Ig heavies and an IG tactical+command, 11 Ravenwing bike
detachments, 7 Deathwing units(in LRs) and the entire 3rd company of
darka ngels(captain, librarian, 2 assault, 2 dev, 6 tac. all in rhinos))
ANYWAY, enough bragging (I had to say it though :))

It has occurred to me that the ravenwing rules are useless, why would
you sacrifice half your FP and movement for +1 armour? I cannot think of
why you would ever use this. Instead I propose: when assaulting or
marching, either:
a) Receive +1 armour automatically
b) Work out dice rolled as if the unit was one column to the left on the
FP table (ie when marching, use the centre column)

It would be more in character with the jink rules in 40K

DEATHWING: For +1 points, deathwing terminators automatically pass any
leadership tests they are required to make, this does not count for
their transport or support.

Deathwing Detachment
1 MAster (SM, Deathwing, hero) 51points
Extra cost to include a librarian: +10points
Extra to mount in a LR : +35points

MAIN FORCE
Up to 10 of the following
Deathwing squad (SM + Save, Deathwing) 20 points
Extra to mount in a LR + 35 points

Support
No more than the number of main force units
Dreadnought 27points

Chain of command: Master > Deathwing > Any other unit.

If this seems rushed it is because I have already typed it in once when
the list was down. Any Comments.
Steve