Re: [Epic] Boxed I.G.

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 00:49:56 -0500

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;A.Allen;
>
> If the GW new Imperial Guard figures are not any good, are the Dirtside
> or BattleTech ones worth considering? I am in the midst of an IG build-up, I
> have some of the old IG and will probably hunt more if they are that bad.
>
> sauron1_at_...

Geohex distributes the Ground Zero Games Dirtside, Stargrunt and Full thrust.
They make a minis line for all three and the minis are very high quality 1/285th
scale microarmor, on a par with GHQ.

As far as them being compatible with Epic, well the Epic tanks have that kind of
"rolling dumpster" look about them while the DS2 stuff is more sleek and
realistic looking (I guess I mean near- term modern 200 years into the furure).
HOWEVER I like both systems and sets of minis so don't flame me! (And there is
an Epic conversion for DS2)

Are they compatible? I would say yes. GZG for the longest time had one pack on
infnatry types but just released about 5 or 6 others including powered infantry.
They sell all of them in platoon packs.

Go here to see their range of stuff:
 http://www.geohex.com/dirtsd01.htm

If anyone wants I can take a picture of some DS2 and Epic minis side by side so
you can see what they look like. It's hard for me to judge because my DS stuff
is apinetd and organized along a much more tactical feel what with camoflage,
and what not as opposed to bright blue infantry and tanks in Epic. Two different
universes. I would say that they probably are compatible.

As an aside, at the Crusades con last weekend, a guy was running a gerneric
Legions SF microarmor game and he had intermixed Dirstide, MAATAC and Epic
minis into various armies and they went along really well. Especially the MAATAC
Entimnolian armored vehicles (sort of a walking bug type motif) and the Epic
Termagants he was usuing.

Los