Re: [Epic] Squats

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 15:37:33 +0100

Mark wrote :
>The Squat army list in the CJ. Can you freely use this to bolster the
>Imperial Forces from the main army book? I have a friend who likes to do
>this. I could think of no real opposition to this (apart from the cheese
>factor) as in the old systems you could combine the forces.

As I am a _really slow_ painter, it will take ages before I have a
substantial force of a single race. Furthermore, each month or so I am
bored with the race that I was painting and then I start at another race
which results in a force of about 500 pts which are painted. (That's the
curse of painting the figures you currently feel like painting... My SM
force is a mix of infantry and vehicles, which don't really fit together
(Assault Marines + Devatators + Dreadnoughts + Rhinos) When I play, I
usually have a Imperial Guard / Space Marine force with Eldar allies. I
will start painting my Squat Goliath and Thunderfires soon, so I will have a
detachment of each of the four armies.

Now for a really _stupid_ question : what's cheesy about the Squats ? (I
haven't played with/against them yet)

But then again, I have a SM force without Land Raiders because I wasn't able
to make up a suitable colour scheme for them (silly me !), but I can imagine
them being cheesy...

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...