Re: [Epic] Squats

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:49:30 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 22-Jan-98 Re: [Epic] Squats by "Francois Bruntz"_at_hotmai
> You can add some limits to the alliance between Squats and SM (but this
> can be true for other alliances).
> First you must choose if it's a Squat army or a Space Marine army.
> If it is a Space Marine army then :
> - Squat army points can't represent more than 40-50% of the
> total army points
> - the Supreme Commander must be a SM one.
> - the biggest detachment of the army must be a Space Marine one
> - etc...

Actually, I'd think the biggest impact, when allying Space Marines with
*anyone* other than Guard, would be in the strategy rating. Marines
trust *no one* who isn't purely Human (and not even them!), and their
commanders would likely be watching their allies at least as closely as
they're watching the enemy. Thus, a Marine-Eldar force would likely
have a SR of 2, with likely the same rating for a Marine-Squat force.
Note that this should really apply both ways; if the Marines are the
smaller part of the force, they'll resent being given orders by the
impure, thus the strategy rating goes down for the army as a whole.

One *can* make an arguement that Marines would work better with the
Squats, as they have always respected the fighting prowess of the Squats
('Not bad, for the impure...'); thus Marine-Squat forces may get a
strategy rating of 3. But this is really up to one's own group....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...
                    Den'Len Fetch