Re: [Epic] Net epic

From: nethol <nethol_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:00:15 +0200

----------
> From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
>
> ADVANCE PHASE
> As normal ,except that people have expressed that units unengaged in
> close combat should fire in the advance phase. There are many benefits
> to this so I agree with those who like the idea.
>
> WELL GUYS ITS YOUR TURN, OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!

Although I mentioned this in earlier messages, I'd like to restate one of
our house rules since it seems relevant now.

"Transports and infantry in mixed detachments (eg SM tactical or
terminator, or Evil Sunz Clan) can be given different orders so long as
they differ just by one degree (that is FF&A or C&A but not FF&C) and the
formation rules are obeyed".

The logic behind this can be readily understood watching the "real life"
troops disembarking from their transports under fire. The weapon mounts on
the transport opens fire on
defending positions covering for the troops disembarking by stages. This
modification eliminates situations where giving your Terminators charge
orders prevents their Land Raiders from shooting (while their CAF is much
lower, and fire power considerably higher). It also enables the
transportees to defend their advancing vehicles in CC, if charged by the
enemy. Suppose you are a trooper: do you just sit in your personnel carrier
and wait to be butchered while attacked by charging infantry, just because
your carrier "doesn't move fast enough" or "preparing to shoot" (that is in
advance orders)?