[Epic] Net epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 18:22:03 +0000

Greetings

COMBAT PHASE

I guess we all recognize that this is the meat of the game, but all the
phases dont need the same attention. shooting will be kept as in present
version(alternating fire of units)

FIRST FIRE
As per the normal order,with the added bonus of snap fire capabilities.

CLOSE COMBAT

This will inevitably bring strong emotions. In this section we must
address:

CLASS OF THE MODEL OR UNIT(titan/super heavy/skimmer/etc.),this will
relate to;

PINNING: WHAT RULES TO USE!

Obviously the present system is source of problems since the rules leave
many loopholes or illogical situation.

Pinning- one model physically binds the other in close combat, is the
simple definition, before running into laying down what pins what we
must consider the only two characteristics that are relevant to
pinning;Size and manuverability(which is more than simple speed).

Larger models:titans/super heavies/knights by sheer physical mass and
strength cannot be pinned by lesser units.
Skimmers: their superior manuverability makes it hard for units without
this ability to engage.

These are my ideas on the pinning system;
1-There are many unit designation, it would be good to contract them to
less number of categories, maybe like: titan classed vehicles(titans and
collosi), knight class(for lack of a better term)-these include
shadowsword type heavies and regular knights since I think their mass
and strength are comparable.Ground trops(include all vehicles and troop
stands) and finally skimmers. also units should belong to one group and
no more than one category should apply.
example-the tempest, it is a (in my category) knight class and has the
restrictions of such, it is not a skimmer, this is not to say it cannot
pop-up or use other privelages of anti-grav motors, this is to separate
the concept of skimmer from an ability(pop-up), so when you refer to
skimmer you are refering to apinning class, not abilities, these will be
clearly explained in each models description.

Pinning will be kept simple; a unit may pin units of equal or lesser
category( titan may pin landraider not the other way around). Skimmers
may only be pinned by other skimmers. These were the basic pinning rules
before TL.

These are just ideas, of course, ideas are greatly appreciated!

ADVANCE PHASE
As normal ,except that people have expressed that units unengaged in
close combat should fire in the advance phase. There are many benefits
to this so I agree with those who like the idea.

WELL GUYS ITS YOUR TURN, OPINIONS PLEASE!!!!

United we stand!
Peter