Re: [Epic] Epic 40K rulebooks

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 12:33:05 -0500

Jani Rajamaki wrote:
> I'm a newbie "player", and I have this old 1st
> edition of Space Marine. I know the rules are totally
> different now. So, do you know, if there's a way to
> have the rules for Epic 40K from anywhere ? Without
> having to buy the rather expensive E 40K-box.
Bartertown (http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~darkwolf/trading.html)
offers two possibilities. One is to buy the game yourself,
preferably from a discount mail order store, and sell the
minis, dice, ruins on Bartertown. A lot of people try to
get rid of their Orks there, I think, so I don't know how
successful you will be with them. But I bet ruins and
Space Marines would sell very well. I did that, selling
the ruins and most of the minis, and making a small profit,
even after keeping a few minis, rules, dice, blast markers,
etc. I got 30% off of the game to begin with, though, and
mixed it in with enough of an order to get free shipping.
That was before Discount Games reduced their discount to
20%.

The other Bartertown option is to buy the rules there.
In the same way that some people, like me, buy an extra
E40K for the rules, some but it for the minis and sell
the rules there. I don't know if a set is currently
being offered, but you could post in the Epic wanted
section.

andy

--
Andy Skinner