Re: [Epic] Imperial Guard Dragonfly

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:35:09 +0930

>Author's Notes :
>
>This is my first try at inventing a new unit, and I haven't even tried it
>out (this happens when you invent units when sitting in the bus during the
>trip to work). I hope that all the IG players will try it out to see if it
>isn't too useless/cheesy. Furthermore, the points cost is just an
estimate;
>I looked at the Fighta-Bommer and the Firelord and simply thought something
>like "decrease the range, descrease the FP, increase Armour and add
>Transport(2)", to arrive at the round point cost of 50 pts.
>
>Any remarks are always welcome !
>
>Greetings,

>Carl Billen
>billenc_at_...

The Flying Brick strikes again. About a month or so ago Chris Pinson and I
posted a set of stats and fluff to the list for a Squat flyer using the old
T'Hawk model. We dubbed this the StormHawk and the fluff was that it was
basically an earlier Impy T'Hawk model that was supplied to the Squats in
exchange for mining rights.
Of the top of my head I think its stats where

m. F
r. 15cm
fp. 2
as. 1/2
ar. 6
Trans. 4
50pts
We wanted it to be fairly watered down compared to a T'Hawk but after 3
games playtesting we feel it might need a tweak up. I like the idea of
barrage due to rockets and had suggested we look at that option. Assualt
might need to be tweaked to 2/3 as well. In our house rules Squats also have
limited access to Marauders and Thunderbolts, again supplied under
lend/lease type agreement and modified for Squat pilots. The modified models
are named the Hammer (T'Bolt) and the Anvil (Marauder). Same Stats.
Cheers
Alun