Re: [Epic] army review

From: Matthew Weyna <burb96_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:27:56 -0600

Please pardon the snipps in advance...

Asmodean wrote:

> Ground Pounders:
>
> 1st/3rd Artillery Battery
>
> 4 Heavy Artillery pieces(Basilisks)
> 2 Siege Artillery pieces(Bombards)
> 2 Hydra Flak Tanks
> 2 Imperial Guard Squads + Chimerae

   While this is a heavy hitter every other turn, it is still awfully
small on the damage dist. on the off turns. Why the IG squads are
included are confusing to me. I usually load up on artillery, and then
have a "mobile researve" unit provide cover if the enemy gets too close.
If there are atlest 10 Artillery peices against Orks you average 20 FP.
I have yet to see a unit get close intact. And I know, Im digging my own
grave here, but its just an observation.

> 2nd/4th Tank Company(Heartwarmers)
> 6 Leman Russ BTs
> 5 Hellhound Flame Tanks
>
> Lucifers Hammers
> 5 Land Raiders
>
> Blakes Fury
> 5 Land Raiders
  LR's are good, but without any screen troops they die pretty easy.
With the new psychic cards for the orks (stomp) thease are all but
toast. And think..as soon as they roll high enuff, there goes 2 AT
shots(instead of 2 FR for Attack Bikes-my choice)

Well, thats about all for me, otherwize, I dont have any comlaints.

Matthew