Re: [Epic] Net Epic (morale issues)

From: PAULO ALEXANDRE CORREIA POMBAL(leic) <"PAULO>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:20:54 +0000 (WET)

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Michael the Liu wrote:

> A bunch of stuff which I agree with snipped out about not having immediate
> movement.
>
> >Also, while I'm on the topic, I want to cast my vote in favor of
> >morale checks for charging Titan-sized vehicles. An occurrence in a
> >recent game illustrates my concern. I was teaching my brother how to
> >play Epic, and, since I have only TL and Marines, we were forced to
> >play these armies against each other. I know, I know, it's not really
> >fair to the poor TL. Anyway, he was fielding a Warlord Battle Group
> >(among other things). In the second turn, one Titan was charged by a
> >detachment of Bikes and another Titan was charged by a detachment of
> >Land Speeders. Both Titans took critical damage to their plasma
> >reactors and exploded. Okay, so I lost a bike squad and a speeder
> >squad. Big deal! That's 4 VP vs. 16 VP. That's just wrong! For a
> >Titan to be pulled down by such piddling units is inconceivable.
> >IMHO, close assaulting any Titan (not just an Imperator) with anything
> >less than another Titan should be a final act of desperation, not a
> >consistent game-winning technique. Requiring morale checks is a step
> >in the right direction. (Another suggestion, which is a bit off
> >topic, would be to tone down the multiple attacker bonus in close
> >combat vs. a Titan or something similar.)
>
> Hear hear! I am strongly in favour of making Titans more powerful, as their
> current weakness is pretty apparent from all the people on the list saying
> that they don't think TItans are a good deal. It has always bothered me
> that jet bikers and such can even have a chance of killing those things
> (what are they gonna do? run into it?), and a required morale check for
> being charged/charging one of them is a big step in the right direction I think.

I strongly agree with that! I am sick and tired of bringing down Warlords
with bikes in CC jumping on their heads (can you imagine 10 bikes climbing
up a 40 feet Titan and smashing into its head?! I can't).
I've been destroying Titans that way for a long time and I think it's
stupid, but well, rules are rules.

Paulo Pombal
pacp_at_...