Re: [Epic] Fate Cards

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:42:51 -0700

Alun Gallie wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have just aquired a spare set of fate cards from the WD for the non-imp
> races and using a little creative scanning, cutting and glueing want to
> create a set of race specific Squat fate cards for use in mine and Chris's
> Karak Dur campaign (2nd mini battle to be fought today) I want four cards
> (the same as other races)They will need two effects on each card. Two will
> be rerolls, two will be psychic in nature and then the four unique events.
> If anyone has suggestion for any of these please, remember they need to be
> balanced.
> Cheers
> Alun

Well, keeping with squat attitude and ability:

Nerves of stone - Automatically rally a broken unit (before die roll)or
remove d6 blast markers (only in rally phase).

Tunneling bombs - either an orbital barrage type effect, or open a 20 cm
X 3 cm chasm anywhere on the board (one blastmarker to a detat caught by
the opening, but occurs too slowly to damage any units; move them to the
side). Or, delay an enemy detachment from reinforcing this turn (after
die roll)

All engineers are Squatish - One war engine makes all repair rolls on a
2+ (rally phase only)

Who are you calling stubby? - Squat infantry and bikes in one detachment
may increase their assault and firepower by one for this assault phase.

Hidden Tunnels - One squat detat automatically reinforces this turn, do
not roll for that detat.

Tac Nuke - Squats decide that drinking beer and tuning their
Harleys sound like more fun today. Enemy loses.

Thane