Re: [Epic] Firepower and Blast Markers

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:03:20 -0600

> I have a little note of confusion from the recent Imperial tactics

> article in 217. When a detachment fires, do you:
> a: Calculate all firepower in range then deduct BMs
> b: As above but deduct BMs from the detachment, not just those in range.
>
> The reason I ask is a titan with three 60cm SHWs and a HWB with three
> blast markers cannot fire at a target between 45 and 60cm in situation
> a, but can fire freely in b. Which is right, I have always assumed b.
> This would go a long way to sorting out the problem of when BMs affect
> the fp of a detachment.
> Steve

The correct answer is (a). Note the sequence of events given in
the rules for the shooting phase. First you total the amount of
Firepower you have directed at the enemy. (Obviously, FP that is out
of range doesn't count here.) Then you reduce that FP by the number
of blast markers you have on your detachment.

Thus, if your FP is out of range, it cannot be used to soak off
Blast Markers.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.