Re: [Epic] army review

From: Asmodean <jcm05_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 23:11:29 +1100

I heard Steve Sheldon scream:
> Warlords are good but not amazing, drop one of them and buy a company of
> marines (captain, 3 tactical and 2 devestator in one det., Librarian 3
> tactical and 2 assault in the other, all are in Rhinos, the total for
> both is 522). The infantry are really esential for fast attack, the army
> is very shooty and would be easily overrun by an assaulting army.
True, this is mainly a concept army(ie hmm what if i take all of these
and all of them?) so I would have toned it down somewhat for a real game.
As for Warlords I think that a duo with support(ie those Land Raider
detachments) will make a mess of anything that comes within 45 cm.

Otherwise I would have taken the infantry over the warlords and Flyers.

> This is too excessive, I always limit flyers to about 15%, which is 450
> points, this is closer to 25%
True, though in the last game(im not sure if it is worth a battle report)
I took out the above forces and they got every point back(really it was
just one warlord they nailed but still it was worth it)

> As I said, more infantry is needed, the high break point fast mobility
> and stubborness of marines would help a lot. As it is Tyranids and
> demons would slaughter you in no time at all.

I also forgot to mention, the army was designed to counter Ork Mega
Gargants and Great Gargants in numbers. And so infantry would be slaughted.

'The Emperor Knows'
        asmodean
     The point is that the chicken crossed the road. Who cares why?
    The end of crossing the road justifies whatever motive there was.
        jcm05_at_...,http://rabble.uow.edu.au/people/asmodean