Re: [Epic] army review

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 09:49:31 PST

>This is a 3000 pt army I just thought of, can anyone give me some help
>with it?
>
>1st Centauri Lancers, Strike force Hammer
>
>War Engines:
>Warlord Titan Luistania
>Warlord Titan Executioner

Warlords are good but not amazing, drop one of them and buy a company of
marines (captain, 3 tactical and 2 devestator in one det., Librarian 3
tactical and 2 assault in the other, all are in Rhinos, the total for
both is 522). The infantry are really esential for fast attack, the army
is very shooty and would be easily overrun by an assaulting army.

>Imperial Fleet:
>
>Hawkwing
> 3 Thunderhawks
>
>21st Tac Bomber Wing/Alpha Flight
> 4 Marauders
>
>Skull Squadron
> 4 Thunderbolts
>
>Vermillion Squadron
> 4 Thunderbolts

This is too excessive, I always limit flyers to about 15%, which is 450
points, this is closer to 25%

>Ground Pounders:
>Personally I think that I dont have enough ground forces, but after my
>bombers and their defending interceptors were added they had reached
760 pts.

As I said, more infantry is needed, the high break point fast mobility
and stubborness of marines would help a lot. As it is Tyranids and
demons would slaughter you in no time at all.