RE: [Epic] Epic Chaos Release

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:02:04 -0000

Kevin,
        Even I can't get hold of pre-releases that easily!...it is very muc=
h first come first served when you phone up mail order and enquire about pr=
e-releases. There are only a limited number produced from the test spin, an=
d more often or not I have found that GW staff have beaten me to it when it=
 comes to getting hold of the pre-releases.

In an ideal world we would all=
 like to be able to get hold of goods instantaneously regardless of country=
 of origin, however the fact is that GW Ltd is a UK based company that just=
 happens to ship internationally. There is sadly always going to be a time =
and price disparity between what we pay in the UK and what you pay in the U=
S/Canada. In the UK we have to put up with purchasing PC's and components a=
t nearly twice the cost you pay in the States, books costs nearly three tim=
es what you pay and in both cases we often have to wait months before they =
are available to us.

Sure it's unfair. I would love to be able to buy mode=
ms, graphics cards, processors, films, books, software ...etc as soon as th=
ey are released in the US for the same price you pay, but I can't because I=
 live the other side of the Atlantic. It's just a fact of global marketting=
 not a conspiracy by GW designed to treat you any differently :-(

Carl

--=