Re: [Epic] Squats-a dying race ?

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 23:18:19 -0500

Alun Gallie wrote:

> >It is infuriating when just last week the staff at my local GW shop tried
> >to give me an involved (and bloody stupid) rationale for no Squats which in
> >brief went like this:
> >
> >Squats are a dying race and they would be unable to field a battle force
> >large enough to warrant a game.
> >
> Show them the fluff from Codex Imperialis and Codex Titanicus about the 700
> Leagues each consisting of many strongholds and the fluff on the THOUSANDS
> of homeworlds then show the the Elder fluff and ask Who's the Dying Race ?
> >
> >The unofficial lists and rules are good and I play with them myself but
> >that doesn't help me at competitions - especially if GW is sponsoring the
> >competition!
> >
> Good point. I must admit I wouldn't bother playing in a GW sanctioned
> tournament on principle so thus hadn't thought of this angle when answering
> Mike's post about official lists. I don't think they'd let me play with my
> Squats, or my Knights and by the time I took all my old figures out of my
> Ork army I wouldn't have much left.
> Cheers
> Alun

Perhaps the point in wishing for "official" squat lists is the
subsequent release of new mini's. I would like to see that as my squat
force is only at 3000pts total at the moment. That includes a cyclops
and 2 colossus (colossi?). Imagine my surprise when my opponent knows
exactly whats in my army.

anvil