Re: [Epic] Squats-a dying race ?

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:32:34 +0930

>It is infuriating when just last week the staff at my local GW shop tried
>to give me an involved (and bloody stupid) rationale for no Squats which in
>brief went like this:
>
>Squats are a dying race and they would be unable to field a battle force
>large enough to warrant a game.

Show them the fluff from Codex Imperialis and Codex Titanicus about the 700
Leagues each consisting of many strongholds and the fluff on the THOUSANDS
of homeworlds then show the the Elder fluff and ask Who's the Dying Race ?

>The unofficial lists and rules are good and I play with them myself but
>that doesn't help me at competitions - especially if GW is sponsoring the
>competition!

Good point. I must admit I wouldn't bother playing in a GW sanctioned
tournament on principle so thus hadn't thought of this angle when answering
Mike's post about official lists. I don't think they'd let me play with my
Squats, or my Knights and by the time I took all my old figures out of my
Ork army I wouldn't have much left.
Cheers
Alun