Re: [Epic] Q&A suggestion: (was] Cheddar & Edam)

From: Steve Sheldon <s_sheldon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:17:07 PST

> Yeah, the old SM/TL transport rules were much better and
>more intuitive than the E40k rules... but adopting the TL rules
>wholesale doesn't completely fix the problem since there are 2
>movement phases in E40k, not just 1. To use the Swooping Hawk
>example: (I'm not sure how fast falcons are, I'm assuming 20cm
>here)

One big problem I have with this, is if you send your troops racing out
ahead of your main force, then they will be shot up really badly before
they can assault, so it is very difficult to launch an effective assault
with no suport. If the whole army is like that, then it might be a
little silly, but, the fast transport problem is not necessarily any
worse than droppods or transport flyers.
While I don't thin the rules for transports make sense, I still think
they fit the system well, and I do not wish them changed, but I do agree
to banning the march and charge tactic, which seems a bit along the
lines of marching a unit and shooting, which is definately not allowed.
Steve