RE: [Epic] Squats-a dying race ?

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:10:57 -0000

>Even if GW puts out more Squats in the future, I think you can count
>on t=
hem looking pretty different. Look at all the redesigned Eldar
>vehicles. =
 You can mix and match some, but I think the style is
>different.

This is =
almost certainly going to be the case. I while back I had a rather interest=
ing conversation with one of the games developers (can't name names I'm afr=
aid) in which the question about the Squats came up. He made it quite clear=
 that the Squats would return to Epic 40K...but...only once they had been r=
e-released for WH40K. The designers feel that the Squat race did not develo=
p as they had hoped (particularly in Epic TL/SM) and wanted to completely r=
e-write them (sounds familiar doesn't it).

I have not heard when exactly =
they are planning on releasing the Squat WH40K army, but sadly the impressi=
on that I was given was 'not in the immediate future' and hence any Epic 40=
K minis are are long way ahead (1998 unlikely). In the light of the Necron/=
Sisters of battle being released plus GorkaMorka and the WHFB Chaos armies,=
 GW is going to be concentrating on those for a while yet. The most likely =
'new' projects are going to be the WH40K armies of 'Space Skaven' and 'Dark=
 Eldar' which are rumoured to well under way.

That is as much as I know to=
 date.

Carl

Carl Woodrow