Re: [Epic] rampage and save

From: Peter Andersson II <cokke_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 08:48:40 +0100 (MET)

> At 09:05 AM 2/3/98 +0800, Erax wrote:
> >Okay - rampaging units with a save (e.g. blood angel death company), if they
> >lose close combat do they get their save or are they destroyed.

This is a question I have tried to get into the Q & A, but my mail must
have gotten lost.

> I'll stick my neck out and say let 'em die! On page 37 the definition of
> "Save" says that the ability is used when a unit "suffers a hit for any
> reason".

I'll pull out my favorite counter example: Units riding in a vehicle
that is destroyed and fail the normal 50% save are destroyed. However
if they have the save ability they get another 50% save, as per that
ability.
This one's in Allen's Q&A.

> Technically a broken unit which is still within 15cm of the enemy after
> retreating is not 'hit', it is simply "destroyed" (page 28).
>

> Regards,
> Richard

cokke_at_... | http://www.acc.umu.se/~cokke | Peter "Cokke" Andersson
My language is my own and any resemblance to any real language is purely
coincidental.